After playing with my Apple iPhone 3GS for a while, I found some very cool & interesting apps that worth downloading to your device and share it with your friends. I’m sure you can get hours of fun by playing with them.
Instant music search and discovery. Names a tune playing from a speaker in as little as four seconds – and even works if you sing or hum!
There may be some occasions that when you are listening to a song, the melody is familiar, but you cannot recall the song title, this program will certainly solve your problem!
You just start the program, put the microphone of iphone songs to the music for ten seconds, if you are a good singer, you can sing or hum songs, and most of the time it can help you find the answer, but of course there are exceptions , then you will need to try again.
The first true musical instrument created for the iPhone. Both experts and beginners will be amazed by this innovative player. Ocarina is sensitive to your breath, touch and movements, making it even more versatile than the original. Ocarina is a social application. Tap on the globe icon and you will see and hear other Ocarina players throughout the world. The globe view will highlight the source of the music.
(3) Babelshot (photo translator)
If you’re in a foreign country and can’t figure out what the street sign—or worse, the restaurant menu—says, but you’re carrying your iPhone, you may be in luck.
The most common languages are:
[General letters] Photo automatic translation: English / French / Malaysian / Indonesian / Portuguese / German etc.
[Special Fonts] Photo manual translation: Japanese / Arabic / Tamil / Vietnamese / Thai / Chinese and Korean, etc.
And you’ll need to be online (either via Wi-Fi or cell service) to get your translation back, so make sure you have a good roaming data plan before you plunk yourself down in the middle of Italy without a guidebook.
(4) Cell Phone Tracker: locate any mobile phone
Imagine the look on your friends faces when they think you will always know where they are because you can track any cell phone on any network anywhere in the world!
How to use:
- When you are with your friends, tell them that you have an app that will track their location anywhere in the world.
- When they tell you they don’t believe you, punch in their cell phone number and click on Initiate Track.
- The app will then scan the world, transition across four different zoom levels and pinpoint their location (which is really your location) on the map with a radar icon marker. The marker will show their phone number as well as the city, state and country of their location.
- This is not your average fun-filter. This is high quality rendering of hand drawn art.
- A unique image analysis foundation together with actual artist technique emulation generate unparalleled results, even compared to desktop computer software.
- You can use low resolution images to generate high resolution output images up to 1920 by 1920 pixels.
- For best results, use portraits or close-ups.
(6) TiltShift Generator
Originally, it’s published as a free web service and AIR app. Now the awaited iPhone version has finally been released.
By adjusting various parameters, it allows you to apply many ToyCamera effects on your pictures: from miniature pictures to vintage styles images.
It is an indispensable app for all the ones who like fashionable ToyCamera style pictures.
With TiltShiftGenerator you’ll also be able to take a simple photo and adjust the details of each picture taken with camera apps such as my ToyCamera.
- 800×600 resolution (hiher res is ongoing)
- Radial or Linaer blur
- Contrast and Saturation controll
- Vignetting Controll
- Camera and Library import
- Direct email and twitter support
PhotoSpeak – Bringing Snapshots to Life
From the masters of iPhone image manipulation at MotionPortrait, PhotoSpeak 2.0 takes still photos from your iPhone and transforms them into amazing 3D avatars that can repeat your every word, both on your phone and your friends’ as well.
PhotoSpeaking could hardly be easier – just take a new photo or choose one from your Camera Roll and let our cutting-edge image processing technology get to work. The result is a living, breathing 3D movie on your iPhone screen.
It’s interactive too – give it a prod and it follows your finger, blinking and moving as realistically as any synthetic human we’ve ever seen. Tap the screen to reveal a couple of nifty Easter Eggs.
To put words into your avatar’s mouth, just hit the record button and get creative – freedom of speech rules in PhotoSpeak!
PhotoFunia is an online photo editing tool that gives you a fun filled experience. Just select an effect you like from over 100 different effects, select a picture from Camera Roll or take one with iPhone’s built-in camera and wait to see the magic. Our proprietary technology automatically identifies the face in the photo and let’s you add cool photo effects and create funny face photo montages. New effects are being added every week.
Please note that WiFi or 3G/EDGE data connection is required for the application to work.
aNobii app lets you search books, find reviews, catalog collection, and keep a wishlist all on your iPhone
* Fast and fun barcode scanning
* Build a collection of books you’ve read
* Keep a wish list of books to get
* Works seamlessly with aNobii.com
* Offline-browsing supported
[Don't type. Just scan]
It’s our pleasure to collaborate with Barcode Monster (http://www.barcode-monster.com) to bring fast and fun barcode scanning to aNobii app. Find a book or catalog your collection without lifting a finger. How handy is that?
(10) Cloud Browse
Can’t see Flash videos or use Java applications in Mobile Safari? You can do so through Cloud Browse.
Go beyond the limitations of a mobile browser, and control a full Firefox desktop browser.
Worried about privacy or security? Cloud Browse runs the browser on a separate machine and not on your iPhone, so no need to worry about websites grabbing your private information or hacking into your phone.